Summer’s here, and it is the ideal time to get your lawn looking ship-shape.
Here are 6 lawn care tips for New Hampshire/New England residents from Norton Construction.
- Don’t get lawn paranoia. Your lawn is on nature time. Time spent neurotically manicuring your lawn is wasted time.
- Invest time in sharpening your mower blade. It might be a chore, but a sharper tool makes for a more efficient job done.
- Your lawn needs water if it hasn’t rained in awhile, or if the grass doesn’t spring up right away after trodding on it. Don’t overwater the lawn!
- If spending a lot of time outdoors at home/in general, check for ticks at least once a day up to 3 times daily. Deer ticks have a distinct size and shape, and they carry Lyme. If you get bit and Lyme symptoms appear, break out the doxycycline and Japanese knotweed tincture protocol!
- Summer is the season where everything is in full bloom and shedding pollen like nobody’s business. Be aware of allergy remedies while working outdoors, and don’t exclude natural options.
- Projects like raking the lawn– depending on the size of the lawn– can feel like a chore. Invite friends over to have a brew and get it raked!
Bonus: Mosquitoes dislike smoke. A simple smudge-fire in a coffee can with billowy smoke carried around for yard work will drive those buggers away. Alternatively, cigar smoke will keep them at bay.
Looking for a great new deck to complement your lawn? Contact Norton Construction today to setup your free consultation, you can submit a contact form or give us a call at (603) 434-6468