It’s winter, it’s dry, it’s cold!
The last thing you need is to experience frost damage anywhere in your home. Here are some tips from Norton to protect your home.
- Keep the temperature in your house above freezing by running the heat on low throughout the day if you are vacating your home for several days at a time.
- As an alternative, ask a relative or trusted friend to visit your house once a day to regulate the interior temperature of your home!
- To avoid frozen pipes, keep your water on at a trickle, and open the cabinet doors leading to your sink to keep heat circulating.
- If damage does happen, contact your insurer as soon as possible.
- Check roof tiles and guttering for any debris buildup WELL before winter. Debris buildup = ice buildup once the temperature drops If you have ice buildup, better break out the icepick, or you could have frost damage on the exterior of your home.
- Properly ventilate areas in your home to prevent condensation buildup– this causes mold!
Ready to get a FREE in-home consultation for your home? Contact Norton Construction today!